- I am a customer, or I use the Griffin Catering Limited website and/or social media channels
- Griffin Catering Limited (a company registered in Guernsey with company number 62745 and its registered office at 2 Sarnian Villas, Petites Mielles, L’islet, St Sampsons, Guernsey, GY2 4SB
- Griffin Catering Limited are data controllers of your personal information for the purposes of any data-protection legislation that applies. You can contact the Griffin Catering Limited at 2 Sarnian Villas, Petites Mielles, L’islet, St Sampsons, Guernsey,
- What personal information do you collect?
We may collect and process information about you including:
- your name;
- your contact phone numbers (including mobile);
- your email and postal address;
- your payment details;
- information that you provide by filling in forms on our website;
- details of your visit to the website and any transactions you carry out on the website;
- any other information you have voluntarily given us.
We mainly collect this information from you when you give it to us voluntarily, but we may also collect it from other sources if it is legal to do so. This includes people you have authorised to provide information on your behalf (for example, parents or guardians), third-party service providers, government, tax or law-enforcement agencies, and others. We can also combine this information with information from public sources.
We may also collect personal information about you from your use of other Griffin Catering Limited online platforms such as social media, Google reviews, email or phone.
- How and why do we use your personal data?
Your personal data is processed for the following reasons, so that we can provide you with a service, complete an order and customer service. We will only process your information if we have a lawful basis to do so. The lawful bases we rely on are;
We rely on our legitimate interests to provide you with a service in the most secure and appropriate way:
- To place an order.
- To contact you about changes to our service that could affect or inconvenience you.
- To send you direct marketing communications about our products, offers and discounts by post, email, SMS, telephone and social media. You can opt-out of these communications at any time.
- Survey and feedback requests to help us improve our service to you and make our services and products more relevant to you.
- To improve our products and services to you, we may use data collected through the use of customer surveys, cookies and research. We carry out analytics on the information we hold about our customers to help us understand who our customers are, how they use our services, purchasing behaviours, and how people interact with us. This enables us to plan and optimise our business – for example, maximise the effectiveness of our advertising, products, services and understand how our business is performing.
- If you are browsing our website, we will not collect any information which will identify you by name. However, we will collect information using cookies or traffic data which uses IP addresses or other numeric identifiers, which analyse how people use our website. See Cookies policy.
- To communicate with you as well as send you details of special offers and discounts relevant to you.
- So we can respond to complaints, queries and any claims made against us.
We rely on contractual obligations when we process your information to fulfil an arrangement, we have made with you:
- To process any transactions when you purchase our goods and services
- To payment card processors to process credit and debit card payments and store payment information; for example, Worldpay and Paypal.
- So we can provide our products and services to you
- To meet our contractual obligations
We rely on legal obligations where we have a statutory or other legal obligation to process the information, such as for the investigation of crime:
- Regulators may request information when carrying out their functions
- Other third parties who have a legal right to access personal data eg the police our insurers, external auditors and investigators
- Other companies who provide us with updated personal information e.g. changes to your contact information, deceased indicators
- If you choose to exercise your data rights e.g. a subject access request
- So we can respond to any complaints or claims we receive from regulators or other third parties
- Fraud prevention and detection
- Health and safety of members of the public, our staff and our customers
- Corporate requirements including mergers and acquisitions
We rely on your consent and ask you to provide explicit permission to process your data:
- To process your personal data within Griffin Catering Limited
- When you enter a Griffin Catering Limited competition
- How long do you keep my information for?
We and other members of Griffin Catering Limited will keep personal information for as long as is reasonably necessary (or as defined under catering laws and regulations which apply) to provide products and services and to maintain records as needed to satisfy tax and other legal or regulatory requirements, as well as to protect and defend against claims.
- Who do you share personal information with?
When you place an order for products or services with Griffin Catering Limited, the data controller of the personal information will be Griffin Catering Limited. Griffin Catering Limited will process that information. Griffin Catering Limited also provides and processes IT, marketing and other services and any associated personal information.
We may reveal your personal information to other people, including in the following circumstances:
- We use other organisations to help us process personal information, but they are not allowed to use it for other purposes. We may use the information we receive from other organisations to add to and improve our databases of customer details.
- We may pass personal information to external agencies and organisations, including the police and other law-enforcement agencies to prevent and detect fraud (including fraudulent transactions) and criminal activity. These external agencies may check the information we give them against public and private databases and may keep a record of those checks to use in future security checks.
- If a claim is made or could be made, against us or other members of the Griffin Catering Limited, we may pass personal information to our insurers.
- If we sell or buy any business or assets, we may reveal personal information about you to the prospective seller or buyer of that business or the assets.
- If we (or substantially all of our assets) are bought or taken over by another organisation (or there is a reorganisation within our corporate group), personal information we hold about customers will be one of the assets transferred.
- We may pass your personal information to others to keep to any legal obligation (including court orders), to enforce or apply our terms and conditions of use of website or other agreements we have with you, or to protect our rights, property and safety or those of our customers, employees or others.
- We may disclose an anonymised version of your email address (we use a process called hashing to protect your details) to third party social media sites such as Facebook to enable us to display marketing to you via such sites. “Hashing” is similar to encryption and means that we scramble the plain text of your email address to create a unique and irreversible message. This means that the social media sites do not receive a plain text version of your email address. Where we do this, we require social media providers only to use your information for the purposes of enabling us to display marketing to you through their site and not for any of their own purposes. You can update your social media privacy preferences on your own social media accounts.
- How do you process my personal information?
We may share your personal information with other members of Griffin Catering Limited and organisations who provide services for us. We may transfer your personal information outside the UK to the European Economic Area. We may also transfer your information to countries outside the UK and EEA. We will always take reasonable steps to make sure that it is protected in line with UK law.
We also take reasonable steps to make sure your personal information is adequately protected in line with the requirements of the UK data protection law.
- How can I update or change my personal information?
You can update or change your personal information at Griffin Catering Limited by contacting Richard@griffincatering.gg.
- What rights do I have?
You have certain rights under UK data protection legislation, including the option to:
- access your personal information – we may charge a fee if we are allowed to do so by law.
- correct your personal information if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- erase your personal information and prevent further processing in specific circumstances and where there is no other legal reason for us to continue keeping or processing that information. These include for example:
- if the personal information is no longer needed in relation to the purpose for which it was originally collected or processed.
- if you withdraw your permission.
- if you object to us processing your personal information.
- if you ask us to stop processing your personal information (although we are entitled to store your personal information, we cannot further process it if you ask us not to).
- if we move or transfer your personal information to another organisation; and
- if you object to us processing your personal information in the following circumstances.
- If processing is based on legitimate interests or carrying out a task in the public interest or when exercising official authority.
- If information is processed for direct marketing.
- If information is processed for purposes of scientific or historical research and statistics
To ask for any of the above rights, please contact Griffin Catering Limited.
You have a right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office. They can investigate whether organisations are keeping to data protection law. See ico.org.uk
- What choices do I have?
We may use your personal information to contact you about our products and services.
If you do not want to receive marketing material, including special offers and discounts you can let us know by emailing Richard@griffincatering.gg or phoning 01481 727101.
You can choose to stop receiving marketing emails from us by following the unsubscribe link and instructions on the marketing emails we send you.
- Protecting personal information
We use a variety of security technology and procedures to help protect your personal information from unauthorised access and use. Examples of these are shown below:
- Encryption, meaning that information is hidden so that it cannot be read without special knowledge (such as a password). This is done with a secret code or what’s called a ‘cypher’. The hidden information is said to then be ‘encrypted’.
- Using a different name for you so we can hide parts of your personal information from view.
- Controlling access to systems and networks as this allows us to stop people who are not allowed to view your personal information from getting access to it.
- Training our staff so we make them aware of how to handle information and how and when to report when something goes wrong.
- Regular testing of our technology and ways of working, including keeping up to date on the latest security updates
We have no control over the contents of other websites or resources which are linked to our website. We accept no responsibility for them or the privacy practices they use, or for any loss or damage that may arise from you using those websites or resources.
- Contact us
Last updated 6th April 2022